WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY?

We, the People of the Philippines, by virtue of our constitution are enjoying and continuously fighting for democracy and to give an EQUAL TREATMENT for our citizens of any race, gender, age, religion, etc. and the elections is a very important part of this democracy.

 

Under a democracy, anybody who is eligible under the limits of the law could run for any public office and equally have the right to be heard as with any other candidate for public office. This attached letter from Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan) signed by Dr. Hilly Ann R. Quiaoit – Vice President for Research and Social Outreach is a CLEAR CURTAILMENT OF DEMOCRACY, A FORM OF DISCRIMINATION AND A HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION. The letter was dated May 2, 2013 but it was only delivered to my office this morning, on the day of the forum. They are depriving me, and other candidates as well, to air our respective platforms and they are equally depriving thousands of Kagay-anons from hearing and knowing about our platforms while they are allowing only THEIR PREFERRED candidates to participate. WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY?
Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan), by virtue of their attached letter, is UNFAIRLY limiting the choices of the people of Cagayan de Oro City to only Two (2) candidates out of the Seven (7) eligible candidates. WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY?
Is this the kind of democracy that the Research and Social Outreach Vice-President of the prestigious Xavier University (Ateneo de Cagayan) is teaching? Maybe she has a different definition of democracy? Maybe the higher management of the prestigious Xavier University does not know about the actions of their employee? Whatever the reason is, I do not know but I will not accept time constraints as an answer because they were able to accommodate over 15 candidates for councilors and vice-mayors just last week of which I was present to support. Therefore, I cannot possibly fathom why they could not accommodate 3 to 7 candidates. All I can see is a curtailment of democracy.
Many supporters of my opponents had been trying to curtail my right to run from the very beginning until this very moment. It leaves me wondering what they would feel if their own rights would be violated. Is this the kind of leadership that my opponents are offering? Oligarchy… “If we are not with them, we are against them? …and they will try to destroy everyone else that would get on their way?”
Unfortunately for them, we are bigger, higher and strong enough to withstand their destructive powers.
Now, my question is: WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY?
Please see the attached document

 

 

Recent Post

Francisco Motors Is Blitzscaling — And We’re Engineering an XR Protocol That Makes the Metaverse Look Like Child’s Play

For 78 years, Francisco Motors has been synonymous with mobility, culture, and transformation. From the original Jeepney platform built by my father and uncles in 1947 to today’s hydrogen-powered, AI-driven, aerospace-grade vehicles, we have always pioneered the next frontier. Now, we’re doing it again — but this time, on a scale that rewrites the rulebook.

Read More

Francisco Motors Calls Out RACE Program: “A Subsidy for Foreign Automakers, A Betrayal of Filipino Innovation”

Manila, Philippines — September 3, 2025 – Francisco Motors, the country’s original and only Filipino-owned automotive manufacturer since 1947, has issued a strong statement against the recently issued RACE Program (Draft JAO No. 01-2025 – DOF-DBM-DTI-BOI Joint Admin Order re RACE Program), calling it a repeat of past foreign-biased policies that sidelined Filipino innovators. Chairman Elmer

Read More

No Budget for Filipino Jeepney Makers: DTI’s USec Told Congress

Manila | August 2025 — At the Congressional Budget Hearing, the mask finally slipped. The Department of Trade and Industry’s own Undersecretary said it loud and clear: there is no budget to support local manufacturers of modernized jeepneys. Read that again. No budget. No plan. No priority. ❌ Betrayal in Broad Daylight For years, local

Read More

Francisco Motors Responds to RACE Program: Seeking Real Government Support, Not Empty Promises

August 29, 2025 | Manila — In light of recent reports and televised hearings mentioning Francisco Motors as a participant in the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI) new RACE Program (Revitalizing the Automotive Industry for Competitiveness Enhancement), Chairman Elmer Francisco has released a strong statement calling for clarity, fairness, and genuine support for local

Read More

Hundreds of New Michelle Francisco Styles Just Dropped — Shop the Collection Everyone’s Talking About

Los Angeles, CA – August 2025 – Get ready, fashion lovers—because this month, Michelle Francisco has just unveiled hundreds of brand-new products, and shoppers across America can’t get enough. The Filipina-owned, woman-led fashion powerhouse, now valued at over $12.9 billion in inventory, is bringing even more variety, inclusivity, and affordable luxury to everyday women. Whether

Read More

Francisco Motors LLC Acquires Philippine Entity, Expands Global Operations to the U.S.

Los Angeles, California / Manila, Philippines — In a bold move to strengthen its global footprint and overcome challenges at home, Francisco Motors LLC (USA) has officially acquired eFrancisco Motor Corporation (Philippines), including all of its intellectual property rights, trademarks, and product lines. The acquisition marks a historic shift for the 78-year-old Filipino automotive brand,

Read More
Scroll to Top